Saturday, April 25, 2009

Not at the races...

Fri:
Easy 65 min run with Durante, Mike, Springer, Muz and Andy. Ray also joined in for a few kms.

Sat:
Coolrunning 5k challenge, beautiful morning for running. Durante was keen to run fast. Tucks was there and after discussing how everyone felt, I agreed to run with Tucks at 16.30 pace and Durante would follow 15 secs after us. After a quick 600m my legs were dead, Tucks took off and created a large gap. Durante came flying by me around 1.5k and I struggled the remainder of the run. I ended up running 17.10. The cool down even felt tough. Durante had a super run 15.51 and Tucks also had a great run in 15.53. The guys are looking forward to next week and are likely to run between 32.30-32.40.
My sis in law ran 22.10 and Blue Dog who paced her reckon she has another 30 secs in her, Conor who ran 22 mins last month ran 20.01. So some great performances out today. Based on today's time I will be lucky to run sub 35 next week...we will just have to wait and see

2 comments:

Superflake said...

But when you are going up against other clubs you'll run faster. Keep those St George blokes at bay.

Anonymous said...

Go The Saints...

If we ever manage to turn all up to a race we'll be a force !!

Dave dont worry about the 17:10 i am sure you will fly thru 5k way faster then that on Sat..

Serg