Friday, April 17, 2009

HuRT Thursday

Ran into work and saw that the session planned was 3 by 2k at your V02 max pace. I really don't need to be doing V02 max session this early in the marathon build up so I planned to run 4 by 2k at a pace slightly quicker than my half marathon pace with a short recovery of 2 mins. The squad had a recovery of 4 mins. I believe Sean Williams includes this session on a regular basis for his elite squad.
Got to the start of Hickson thinking I was running late so ran on my own for the first 2k, I kept an eye on the garmin at ran 3.22 pace. The boys suddenly appeared behind me and convinced me to run the next one with them. So I set off with Muz, Serg and Rich High at a very fast pace (3.01), Serg and Rich High fell off the pace at around 800m and Muz and I battled it out come home in 6.11 (3.05 pace). I ran the next one in 6.20 (3.10 pace) with Muz finishing a second ahead of me. I was shattered but still managed to run another rep on my own at my half marathon pace (3.28) finishing up in 6.56. Serg ran well for the first two reps but in typical fashion he only completed 3/4 of the session.
So really the session ended up (1 rep quicker than threshold pace, 2 reps at V02 pace and 1 rep at threshold pace). Muz is going well and pretty excited about the GC, Richard High is rapidly improving and Mike is getting better and better each week. I think he avg 3.17 for his reps today. Didn't jog home as I had to stay back late in work and opted for a cab instead. Very lazy Dave...

No comments: