Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Parade

Fri:
Early morning easy 10k run in and around centennial. The legs felt a little heavy with the 800 session still in the legs
Sat:
Down in the nation's capital for the long weekend, spent the morning walking with Liv and Cara around lake Burley Griffin. I reckon all up around 12k, I was pretty shattered. Obviously I am not use to pushing a pram. Got out in the arvo for decent session - 2k warm up, 4k at marathon pace (ran at 3.43 pace), 1 min float (@4.50 pace), 4k at threshold pace (ran at 3.33 pace). 2k warm down.
Sun:
Out early for a run around the lake. It was a beautiful morning for running, it wasn't too hot or cold, it was just perfect. I ran from near the start of the Canberra marathon and ran around the lake. I was slightly worried that I would end up running for hours but after 90 min or so I veered onto Parkes way and caught sight of Parliament house. I took me another 30 mins to get back to the hotel. It wasn't a particularly fast long run (avg pace 4.35) but very enjoyable all the same.
Mon:
Out with Big Bear for a nice easy run (55 mins). Guess what we were talking about! Little Cara and Ella, you swear I was an expert with the advice I was giving to the Bear.
The title has nothing to do with a Parade I attended over the Easter break but it's the title of a song from a favourite band of my mine - The Blue Nile. Just wish they'd release a new album...wishful thinking given they've only released 4 albums in the last 28 years...

The line of traffic comes to a stand still
....
I know you, birthday cards and silent music
Paperbacks and Sunday clothes

In hallways and railway stations
Radio across the morning air
A crowd of people everywhere
And then the people, all running forward

Easter parade

1 comment:

saint said...

Kanser: The advice you provided was spot on, except for one bit: I just can't justify getting Ella out for a session of 400 meter intervals just yet.

Let's reassess in 6 months.