Tuesday, March 31, 2009

45 Fartlek

Out with the HuRT Squad for a 45 min Fartlek (1 min hard, 30 float). Tom, Durante and Clyde went to the front. Serg and Muz formed a 2nd grp and I ran with Richard High. Felt pretty comfortable on the way out and got further than normal (the weather was probably a factor as I do like running in the rain). On the way back I was feeling good until farm cove and struggled on the hills back to the stone gates. Finished up short (about 100m or so...). As mentioned on Sunday, Durante is very strong at the moment. I expect him to run well in Lane Cove on Saturday. I was a little surprised with Clyde's form but in saying that I did comment to Durante and Mike on Sunday that he never falls off on the pace on a MLR or a long run.
Tom has a picked up an injury that is likely to put him out of the Gold Coast. It's a pity as I was looking forwarding to racing him...

No comments: