Sunday, March 22, 2009

Long Run

Sat: Out for an easy 10k run, bought a new pair of Nike Vomero so I was checking them out.
Sun: Large crowd in centennial this morning (Thurston, Serg, Cam Young, Terence, Conway, Durante and Clyde). Mike commented at the start that he hoped Thurston would take it easy but that didn't last for long. We left the park and ran the reverse of the C2S. At Rose bay the pack split up, with myself Thurston, Clyde and Serg in the front group. Thurston took off at the bottom of Heartbreak Hill and I ran the hills steady a good 100m behind him. Just before Military rd, I realised Thurston wasn't coming back to us and dropped off the pace and ran back to Serg and Clyde. At this stage we were averaging 4.24 pace and continued until a water stop at N Bondi were we regrouped for the last time. The pack broke up again shortly as Serg and I ran on our own down and out of Bondi back into Centennial via Queen's Park. I did an extra loop of the park in Surry Hills to get to 2hrs. Avg pace 4.25km/m.

No comments: