Saturday, March 7, 2009

Getting back into it...

On Friday, went out for a 50 min easy jog with Durante, Thurston, Mike, Andy and Serg. Calf was fine and I was happy to get back into it. Great 5k track run (14.12) by Thurston on Thursday night. He's getting stronger and I fully expect him to run sub 14 pretty soon as he get accustomed to putting more kms in the legs.
On Saturday, I was planning on getting out to run Striders but Cara slept until 6.30am so I didn't get the alarm call I was expecting. I won't complain especially if Cara continues to sleep through the night. The plan was to pace Timmy but he didn't need it as he ran 35.50. Huge improvement for Tim on Lane Cove and for Eoin Reville who was only 5 secs behind Tim.
I went out in the afternoon and ran from Coogee into Centennial, I pushed for 3k in the middle of the run (10.18 for 3k) and took it nice and easy back to Coogee. All up 75 mins. Calf seems fine now so I can start to build for the Gold Coast now...

No comments: