Tuesday, February 17, 2009

14 by 3 mins (off 1 min)

I didn't get a chance to run during the weekend. Got out with some of the boys on Monday for an easy 15k. Large crowd in attendance with the HuRT squad for a relatively long session of 14 by 3 mins off 1 min.
Ran with Tom, Charlie, Clarky and Tucks for the majority of the reps. The pace was pretty consistent for the first 10 reps (3.18 - 3.20). Even with only 1 min recovery I felt pretty comfortable. The last 4 reps were a little quicker 3.14, 3.13, 3.13, 3.09. I had to work hard on the last rep as Charlie, Tom and Clarky opened up a gap of around 10-15m. I put in a little kick to catch the boys and felt pretty tired after the last rep. Tucks was with us up until the last two reps so I expect him to go well in North Head. Interesting to see how Charlie and Clarky match up for the long course tri at the weekend. The last time I ran session Dec 16th 2008, the pace was similar but I failed to keep up with the boys at the front for the last 4 reps. So happy with the session overall..I was watching Tom's form for the last few reps and he struggled big time. Probably something to do with the questionable bout of the flu he had at the weekend...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"a little kick to catch the boys"? Mate, we could hear you coming a mile off. It was like being chased by a grunting, snorting hippo on heat.