Friday, January 20, 2012

The Descendants

Wed: Easy 10k, went to the body mechanic who is keen for me to cut back on the Ks but I felt good as gold after he stuck a few needles in my glut. To be honest my pf was tender going in but didn't feel a thing leaving.

Thurs: am - session with BIg Bear that focused on core and glut strength.

Lunch: Out with the HuRTs for 8 by 800m. Big turnout with Tucks and Scott at the front. Just tried to run them steady. First one was in 2.34 and the rest were in 2.30/31 with the last one in 2.24. Of course I had to go with Tom in the last one....I will never learn.

In the evening, I was tossing up whether to go to 'PJ Harvey' or 'The Descendants'. We opted for the latter and I wasn't disappointed. George Clooney is excellent in this tragic tale but in a very odd way I had no emotional attachment to any of the characters. I suppose I considered all the tragedy as part of life.

Fri: ran to the pool from some drills then ran to work.

Sat: long run with Laura, Tim and Mike - 30k in 2.11 (4.22 km/m). Felt good throughout and happy to get progressively quicker.
10k (4.36)
8k (4.27)
8k (4.18)
4k (4.05)

Sun: easy 10k

No comments: