Thursday, January 26, 2012

Australia Day - Tempo

Over to the Highnam house nice and early for a 16.5k tempo with Tim, Jono Fen, PMAC, J Barts & Sam. It was very humid and after a few kms warm up, we got straight into in. We were aiming to stick to 3.45 pace, felt fine just before the turnaround around 8k and then the legs started to feel heavy. Strange really I was fine when PMAC called out 10k but for some reason a gap opened up just after 11k, I continued on keeping to 3.45 pace but the wheels started to fall off just after 12k, still on pace at 12.4k but from then on in i struggled home. When I stay i struggled home, I basically crawled home. Took a wrong turn and decided to pull the plug at 16.2k at 3.51 pace...shattered at the end. Not sure if I was dehydrated or just tired but I can't recall feeling like that after a session in a very long time. Enjoyed the breaky at the Highnams and the banter on the way home in the car...Timmy has it in for poor Enda...

No comments: