Saturday, June 27, 2009

Timmy smashes Tiger

Out for the coolrunning 5km this morning, Timmy picked me up and we discussed tactics for the race against Tiger. We decided to push the 1st km and see if Tiger would follow us. We had a nice and easy 4k warm-up. I met Tiger at the start and he was asking me 'Did I sleep well last night', Timmy was not keen for the conversation to continue and I ended up shaking Tiger's hand. Timmy gave me a boll**** for chatting to Tiger. I should know better!
Anyhow, we took off pretty fast going through the 1st km in 3.04, leaving Darren Moyle and Tiger in our wake. I knew Timmy was well capable of running sub 17 so I pushed on myself running a surprising 16.11. Methinks the course is a tad long but I won't bang on about it. Timmy flew home in 16.51 and Tiger was left trailing in his wake a further 9 secs back.
Some great runs out there today, Conor running a minute faster than last mth in 19.05, Damo making his debut in 21.34. Gerso was a tad slower in 22.32, I suppose that's all she can expect with little or no speedwork..come on Gerso you got to put the work in!
I suppose the real showdown between Tiger and Timmy is up in the Gold Coast next wk. I know Tom has a lot of cash on it as does Superflake and Durante. I've put a small fortune on it...we are looking good with Timmy's performance today. Remember Tim, Tom has 4 kids to feed and young Cara depending on you to deliver...don't let this kid down...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate, what you doing to me? The Tiger was playing with me today - He still has a lot left in the the tank yet and you and Tom could well be paying out big time?
Got lucky today as i broke early although i know he won't let me get away so easy next week?
Tim
Tiger, how the dancing shoes going ?

Superflake said...

The course was measured by Action. It isn't long. Kanser you must know Tigers hide in the forest until they are ready to pounce. Tim is wise.