Thursday, June 4, 2009

This year's model

I've been very busy lately but I'm still managing to squeeze some running in. After a big night at the striders dinner, I could barely walk on Saturday so I didn't get out for any running on Sat. Deek was good but not great. To be honest, I'd heard all the stories before. I was hoping to get more of an insight into his training OR how he felt when he raced.
It's always the same when I am out with Lindop and Tom. Vague recollections from the night but suffice to same I am not the pool player I once was or claimed to be. Richy High was very impressive. Anyhow onto running..

Sun:
90 mins on my own in centennial
Mon:
am 4k
Lunch 50 mins in and around the domain
pm 4k
Tues:
50 mins in the arvo and 4k in the evening
Wed:
4k in the morning, 50 mins at lunch, 40 mins after work

I am just running easy at the moment and will start to incorporate speedwork from next week as my calf is holding up well. Pretty slack on the movie front but I did manage to catch Tom Cruise's new flick 'Valkyrie'. As action movie's go it's pretty short of action 5.1/10.
For sheer entertainment you can't get better than 'Australia's next top model' on Fox. The amount of cat fighting that goes on in that show is unreal. I hope Tahee wins but Clare is still the frontrunner. Cassie should go next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a sad man Kanser, You'll be watching 'Changing rooms' next....Toughen up and get yourself out to North Head on Saturday, I'm on the comeback trail(again) and i need to get some confidence back by beating someone:)
BTW, Your sacked as a pool partner!
Cheers

saint said...

Cassie stays until at least the final 3. She could rock up in the Snoop Dogg sweatshirt and still be better looking than most. Agreed Tanee is nice too.