Thursday, June 18, 2009

The little portuguese man is getting stronger...

Out with the HuRT squad for 8 by 5 mins off 90 sec. Another relatively big crowd again! The plan was to run them at my project half pace (approx 3.30 pace) On the first rep, we were hit with an heavy downpour, the rain was pounding down as we ran from the Opera Hse gates around Mrs Macquarie's chair. I ran with Dreverman, Serg, Charlie, Durante and Serg (3.25 pace).
My legs felt heavy on the 2nd rep and I felt off the front group and ran 3.23 pace for the 2nd rep. For rep 3, 4, 5 and 6 I hit 3.23 pace and was running on my own behind 10-15m behind the front grp. Serg was leading the guys in the front and hitting 3.20 for each rep. Durante fell off the back of rep 6 and Dreverman pulled the plug after rep 5. Ray was popping up all over the place, running fast for some reps and slow for others. I was keen to pull the plug after 6 as I was feeling pretty tired but decided to give 8 a crack
Durante ran with me for rep 7 which we covered in 3.19 pace, again Charlie and Serg were a few metres ahead probably 3.15 pace. Durante and I ran 3.17 for the last rep. Serg and Charlie pushed the last rep running it in 3.09 pace. Serg is definitely getting stronger and it's hard to tell if Charlie was hanging on. I am glad I got through the session and I am looking forward t0 an easy run tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very strong.

Movie reviews please.