Sunday, June 14, 2009

Doubt

I've no doubt that Philp Seymour Hoffman is one of the best actors in Hollywood at the moment. Pair him with Meryl Streep and you get a fantastic gripping thriller 7/10.
Fri:
50 odd mins with Thurston, Serg, Durante and Craddock, I was feeling the effects of the extra kms earlier in the week but as Serg commented for someone tired "you are definitively pushing the pace."
Sat:
Met up with Durante for a long run with a 5k tempo in the middle of it, the 5km tempo was the middle part of the C2S. This session is a great strength builder and has served me well in the past. Tired from the start I ended up running the 5k section in 19.40, Durante obviously in better form ran 18.32 (pretty quick for a training run). All up 2hrs 5 min. Shattered at the end.
Sun:
Out with Durante and Chris Truscott, I actually jogged with Cara to the start of the run avging an impressive 4.35 for 2k. Durante ran for an hour (knee was little sore), I continued on with Truscott for a pretty fast final 5k for him (4m/k). Finished up with a running with Cara for another 2k. All up 1 hr 57 min at 4.29 pace avg.
Liv's become a bit of a domestic goddess, I've had the pleasure of sampling many different type of dinners in the last few weeks, I shouldn't be complaining but it's the desserts that's killing me. I just can't say 'NO'. Anyhow I will scoff down another few muffins tonight and from Monday that's it!
Happy with progress on the training front this week, I've no doubt I will get into peak shape if I can pull together 4-5 consistent weeks..

No comments: