Friday, June 12, 2009

The Hangover

Nope, I don't have a hangover this morning! Liv and I went to see the movie 'The Hangover' last night and I am pleased to report that it's hilarious. It's about four guys who set out to Vegas for a bachelor party and can't remember a thing the day after including what happened to the groom. I was thinking it would be another dude movie about Vegas but I couldn't stop laughing from the start to the finish. It's directed by the guy that brought us 'Old School' which by the way is a 7.5/10 movie. It's not as good as Vince Vaughan's classic Vegas caper 'Swingers' (7.9/10) but it's the best comedy i've seen this year (7.2/10).
Onto running cause I know Timmy is likely to be spitting fire after reading the first paragraph. Out with the HuRT squad for 5 by 2k off 2 mins. I was late so I sprinted the 1st rep (no idea of pace as I'd no watch on). Just as I was finishing the rep I ran into the Serg and Andy. I ran onto the 2nd group with included Ray, Craddock and Conway. Ran with the boys for the remaining 4 reps. I ran comfortably hard for each rep (between 3.22-3.26) pace.
Conway commented on how easy the session felt, I do have some points to make about my friend Mike. He's capable of running sub 35 NOW!, this session is perfect and a great confidence builder (we've got many other sessions where we run a lot quicker and the key is running hard on race day and not leaving your best effort on the training paddock), Mike obviously didn't push himself hard enough last Sat as he was far too fresh this week! English Andy is hitting form at the right time, looking forward to see how he goes in the Gold Coast....

4 comments:

saint said...

Nice movie review Kanser, thanks. Of a similar genre is Role Models. Fantastic, starring Stiffler from American Pie.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Saint - I saw role models on the plane earlier this year, it's v good but the hangover is better. Role Models 6.5/10

David said...

I watched 'Me Myself and Irene' for the very first time on the plane back from London! I creased up with laughter and that prompted my 15 year old son to watch it (perhaps not recommended!) but for me to laugh at a movie it really, seriously, must be funny or else it just tickled my funny bone 8/10. Dave, keep off the muffins or you'll send end up with 4 !

David said...

Should have read END up with 4! ( 4 kids!)