Saturday, May 3, 2008

So many roads, so much at stake

Very happy to go sub 35 again, it was a long time coming as the last time I ran sub 35 was Oct '06. Crossed the line in 34.48. I had a decent warm-up with Tom, Mike and Durante and kept convincing myself that I could run sub 35 again.
I decided to out hard to give myself the best chance of success and ran with Durante for about 3.5k. Got to half way in approx 17.15 and really just hung in from there but I did pick up a few people from 8km onwards.
I had the pleasure of running the last km with my sis-in-law Gerso who also ran a 3 min pb crossing the line in 48.11. Gillo also my sis-in-law broke the magical 50 min barrier crossing the line 49.35. Big Bear pb'd with a fantastic 41.06. Fats with a cold pb'd with a super 33.20 and what about Tom with 4 kids to look after (well credit must go to his wife) smashed his pb by 30 odd sec crossing the line in 32.26. What can I say, really excited about the Sydney half coming up and will have a good crack at my 10k pb in North Head in June. This game is all about hard work and confidence and I am beginning to think Noakes is bang on the money with his central governor theory...more about that later.
Another Dylan favourite of mine
So many roads, so much at stake
So many dead ends, I'm at the edge of the lake
Sometimes I wonder what it's gonna take
To find dignity

5 comments:

Gill said...

Yay, today is one of my favourite running days! So nice to see all the happy faces.... Congrats on getting back to almost your best!
Gill

saint said...

The kid is back. Well done Dave.

Superflake said...

Great run Dave. Good to have you back running fast.

David Criniti said...

I've been down on the bottom of a world full of lies
I ain't looking for nothing in anyone's eyes

Just keep running! :-)
Uncle Da...I mean Uncle Bob :-)

Unknown said...

Good stuff mate. The momentum is rising. North Head next month will be good.