Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drinking in the morning sun....

Moving from party to party should have negative impact on running but it's not the case. Out with the HuRT squad today for a session of 400*12 off 2 mins. I've always liked the 400 session and when I've previously complete 8 by 72 off 60 sec it was always a good indication that I was travelling well.
Today the reps were run off went as follows (50 sec avg recovery)
71, 70, 69, 70, 70, 70, 70, 71, 71, 70, 71, 69
This is the fastest 4OO session that i've completed - so I was very happy with the effort. Durante, Serg and Tom lead from the front averaging 67. I was always a few yards back and for most of the session Tim C was just behind me. For the the 10th, 11th rep Fats and Anthony pushed the rep and they finished just ahead of me. I was keen to finish up after 10th rep as the legs were feeling heavy but with 10 sec left, I urged Serg to run the last 2 reps with me. Both of us surprised each other and pushed final two reps. Don't need to build the kid up anymore but Durante was looking very strong today, so much so he averaged 67 and ran a very fast last lap. Tom is no longer worried, he's concerned and rightly so. Good to see Michael K out, Anthony looked v strong even with a new baby boy recently added to the family. Mike Conway is looking very strong and he will break 35 with ease at North Head in June. Looking forward to a few quiet evenings in, can't see it happening until early next week..

So throw those curtains wide!
One day like this a year’d see me right!

3 comments:

Gill said...

Maybe i'm showing my Irishness here but from the title of your latest post, I thought you were going to talk about a piss up at lunch!

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Gill,

Most of title's come from lyrics of music that I'm listening too. After a few too many drinks last night I came home and listened to Elbow's new album 'seldom seen kid". That line kept popping up...

Superflake said...

Great session mate. Looking good for the PB at North Head.