Tuesday, May 27, 2008

HuRT Squad 4*3k with 2 min recovery

I was a little apprehensive for this session as I've only ever completed 3 reps and my heart rate just before we kicked off was at 180. It dropped pretty quickly once we got going. Serg, Tom, Durante, Fats, Judge Drev & Tim C and a few others took off pretty quick for the first rep and a few of the guys paid for it later on by either dropping out or only completing 3 reps.

Rep 1: 10 mins, Avg pace 3.36, Distance completed 2.75, Avg Heart rate 169

My quads were still a little heavy and for the first rep one I tucked in behind Mike and Enda. I found the hills from the Opera Hse back up throu' the domain pretty hard.

Rep 2: 9.35, Avg pace 3.28, Distance completed 2.76, Avg Heart rate 164

Ran with Mike the whole way with Enda a few yards on front. At this stage I wasn't looking forward to the 3rd rep.

Rep 3: 10 mins, Avg pace 3.34, Distance completed 2.77, Avg heart rate 167

A few people dropped back for this rep so myself and Mike had a little more company. Fats ran along side, Durante was a few metres in front with Enda and the Judge. Tim C and Michael K were also in close proximity.

Rep 4: 9.38, Avg Pace 3.29, Distance covered 2.77, Avg heart rate 170

I really didn't want to do the last one, Fats decided to call it a day that was the incentive I needed but Mike convinced me to give it a go. Ran with Durante and surprisingly this felt the easiest rep, even though Durante dropped me with about 800m left. I just wanted to kept the pace steady , I was expecting Mike and Tim C to push it for the final 400m but it never materialised. Shattered at end of it..happy with the consistency of the reps. Tom and Serg ran side by side for the session both looking strong - North Head will be an interesting battle. Mike Conway was very strong right to the bitter end.

No comments: