Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"To taper or not to taper that is the question"

Tough session today - 45 Farklek 1 min on - 30 sec off! Tom, Serg, Tucks and Charlie went straight to the front. I was on my own for the session, caught Tim C after 3k, at that point I was running the fast reps at approx 3.25 pace and the slower ones in around 4.10 pace. Kept with Tim C and at the half way point cover a little over 6k. From then on, i was a little confused and my garmin was acting up and ended up mixing up the fast and slow reps. Anyhow Tim C dropped me on the way back to the Opera House and Tom and the boys came steaming by me a little after that. Ended up finishing slightly ahead of the Art Gallery. All up not that sure but approx 11.8k. So I was a little slower on the way back.
"To taper or not that is the question", given the Sydney half is not a priority I will rock up Hickson road on Thurs for a tough session. Not many programs recommend this but noticed Ryan Hall's coach Terence McMahon has 2 tough interval sessions incorporated into the final week of the his recommended half program.

No comments: