Wednesday, August 10, 2011

You don't look like a runner...

Sun arvo:
Out for 8k Sunday arvo to get more kms in the legs. I know some people will be concerned with my recent ramp up in kms (but i honestly can't take the abuse from auld Timmy anymore and even Tom had a go at me today telling me i need to shed some weight). I took it on the chin (double chin) that is and over the next 6 weeks i know i can shed a few more kgs. In March I was 88kgs, I just weighted myself and I'm 82kgs!! I am acutely aware that i need to get down to 76- 78 in order to run well.
Mon:
12km easy with Richy High, Eamo and some Macquarie heads. I opted not to double up as my heart rate was a tad high for an easy run.
Tues:
Strength and core work in the morning with Big Bear and PT Grant, struggled a little but you'd expect that after the break i've had.
In the arvo, out with the HuRT squad (gate to gate by 8 - 910m approx). The pace was pretty honest (my first rep 3.28km/m was my slowest, from there on I was running 3.12 - 3.20 pace. Timmy I'm afraid to say is going from strength to strength...he was running 3.05 pace and looking comfortable. Tom was looking strong, there's something quite not right with Tucks at the moment and Charlie Low is flying..
I ran home from work on very tired legs..
Wed
75 mins at 4.25 pace with Tom, Mike (with pullled up lame), Mark, Russel and a few other guys. The 'good wife' asked Timmy did he want anything from the UK, of course he wanted something. "Get me a few packets of those mistrals"...well the 'good wife' picked up two large packets...i shared a packet with my family when i was at home to the horror of the 'good wife'. I forgot to give Timmy the other packet at breaky at the weekend...well with the abuse i'm getting recently I may give the other packet to the kids next door ;)

2 comments:

Tim said...

The weight you put on whilst O/S it looked like you eat more then the one packet of my Minstrel chocolates:)
So thats Tom, Tucks, Richie and Charlie who have now mentioned your weight?...... think you better lay off the Sunday breakies as well then.

Anonymous said...

Tim and Dave:

Get a room already! You two flirt like a school boy and school girl. Who's the girl? Probably Tim, the way he carries on about your bulging waistline!