Thursday, August 18, 2011

Downtown lights

Tues
HuRT session, 10 by 3 mins off 60 secs. All the boys were in recovery mode so I had to lead from the front. Didn't push it just kept the pace at 3.30 km/m pace apart from the last one which I pushed and completed 3.10 pace.

Wed
Well after getting to the top of the Alp d'Heuz ahead of one of the keen cyclist in the group - Matt Rady. Apparently it was the wrong thing to do! He challenged me to a race in Sydney. Of course I took him up on the offer. After 98k, covering the 3 gorges averaging 32k/hr Rady got the better of me by 1 hr 14 secs. I was completely shattered at the end of the race.

Thurs:
Mona Fartlek - not a big fan of this session but the body was wrecked so I felt running with the boys was the best way to get through the session. Took it relatively easy the first half and then pushed the second half. Had a good chat to Enda who is keen not to race until he can smash Timmy. Richy HIgh is also out for Timmy's blood...reckons he will take him out in the sept striders.

On the music front, I'm back listening to the Blue Nile a band that only released 4 albums during a 20 year career. All quality, a bit like the way I've approached my running recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Nile


I do like this little number..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GVMnDjFKHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player





No comments: