Monday, August 15, 2011

C2S washout

It's my favourite race of the year for lots of reasons but this year there was no point in fronting up and posting an average time so I opted to pace my sis in law Gerso. So leading into the race, I decided to keep knocking out the kms.
Thurs:
As the HuRT squad were taking it easy, I opted for a more traditional lactate threshold session (2 by 3km at tempo pace). I ran a 3k loop inside the domain (which is relatively easy for the first half and then you need to work the 2nd half to get to the stone gates). Avg pace for each rep was 3.45 off 2 mins.
Fri:
Spin session and 8km easy
Sat
Ran into centennial for a 400 session. Given I had some time, i ran 5km easy, 8 by 100m strides, then got into the session (200m jog, 400s by 8). I was averaging 75 sec for the 400s, the float was initially 45 secs but was more like 55 towards the latter end of the session. Finished up with some strides and the 2k run. Must admit I much prefer the terrain in rushcutters.
Sun
Up early, ran 12k at 4.40 pace and wasn't really enjoying it as it was lashing rain. Got to the start 8 mins before the gun went off. Jumped the barrier and joined up with Gerso with the aim of a sub 65 min.
It was a pleasure pacing her as she basically just ran beside me for the whole race and when i asked her to pick up the pace from 10k she duly obliged and came home with a maassive pb of 63.42. Went to the Allens tent and briefly caught up with the boys (Tom, Tucks, Charlie L, Rich H & Jono F) but had to leave before the man of the moment auld Timmy...probably a good thing ;)
Some great performances out there on Sunday, My good friend auld Timmy who put the 2 Richy's in his pocket, Jono Fenton who is getting closer and closer to the boys at the front and Tom who rarely disappoints got one over his old rival Tucks.
Mon:
Missed the HuRT squad at lunch, ended up running from Shelley Street to the stone gates in the domain and back...all up just over 14k avg'ing 4.30 pace..

No comments: