Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thoughts turn to Gold Coast

Due to work commitments, didn't get a chance to run on Friday, it was probably a good thing as I had a sore throat. I ventured out today for a steady 10k in approx 38 mins. Not sure it was a good idea as I am feeling worse for wear now! Reckon I am coming down with the flu.
Anyhow to keep Timmy happy, I watched 'Pride and Glory' last night, the film follows a multi-generational police family in New York who become embroiled in corruption. Ed Norton is pretty good in it but Colin Farrell is very unconvincing as the corrupt brother-in-law. It starts well but is very predictable and is also slightly too long 5.5/10.
The boys are probably hitting the sack now as they prepare for tomorrow's race. In the marathon, all the best to Uncle Dave, English Andy, Eamo, Eoin and Rich Palmer. In the half all the best to Tucks, Charlie Low, Timmy, Easy Tiger & Enda. I will be up early checking the results. ..Just hope the likes of Timmy and Tom behave themselves at the after party.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you seem to be watching more movies then actual running these days? Whats the latest on the new 'Hannah Montana' flick? I see your running under a new name of Dave Kanie these days and still getting beat by the likes of Timmy and Enda up the Gold Coast?

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Don't know who that guy 'Dave Kanie' is? He needs to run a tad quicker!
Cara was very upset when I told her you lost in GC. She won't get the jungle gym I promised her for another few months.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, I run my best race, it just wasn't good enough and the Tiger was to good on the day with his 4 minute PB. I hear Tom is cashed up though(after backing me with the start) so he might be able to help out with the Jungle Gym:)
Cheers
Tim

Anonymous said...

Nothing posted for a week, he must have given up.

Anonymous said...

What we talking about???? His movie review or his RUNNING - although it could be BOTH:)

Anonymous said...

I'd take an update of either atm ...