Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lazy Bones

With work committments and the man flu, I didn't get much running in last week. I got out with the HuRT squad on Thurs and stayed at the back of the pack for the 2k by 5. Serg was looking pretty fast and Timmy was flying and putting a good few seconds into Conway for each rep. On Friday, I went out for an easy 45 min run with Ben, Serg and Tucks. On Sat I opted for an easy 10k instead of running with Timmy, I did push the last 5k in managed to cover it in 18.30. I managed an 80 min easy run today but to be honest I am struggling at the moment. The motivation is just not there....i am trying to convince myself to focus on the Melbourne marathon but it's proving difficult. I will tick over for the next few weeks and see how I go.
Congrats to all the boys who ran up in the Gold Coast, lots of great performance and pbs from Timmy, Easy Tiger, Enda, Eoin, Tucks, Keith Bateman, Charlie and Uncle Dave in the marathon. Dave's performances continue to amazing me, his race report is worth reading.
Just for you Timmy, I caught 'W', Oliver Stone's depiction of George Bush's life to date. Quite an eventful one at that. He tended to focus on the big picture and let others focus on the detail to his detriment. Really he was more of a pawn than a dark knight. He comes across as a bit of a lost soul. Anyhow, not a bad flick 6.2/10

No comments: