Thursday, July 16, 2009

HuRT squad (800s by 8 on Hickson Rd)

Quite a large crowd today, Mike Conway made a call to split squad into 3 groups. I ran with group 1 which included (English Andy, Tucks, Serg, Vlad, Andrew Wilson, Conway & Darren Moyle).
Serg led from the front for each rep and avg'ed approx 2.23-2.24 for session. For the 1st 3 reps I was a few metres behind the second grp which had Vlad, Tucks & Darren with Andrew popping up all over the place. I was avg'ing 2.28 for the reps. Vlad and Darren were tiring for each rep and I actually felt stronger the longer the session went thus running ahead of the guys for the remaining reps. I more or less ran with Tucks for last 3 avg'ing about 2.27 all up. Serg was pretty strong today and even has the ability to thrown in a few surges. Conway to my surprise was also impressive avg'ing 3.32 for the session. Andy is recovering well from the GC and even though he claims he didn't enjoy the race, he now wants to run the marathon in Sydney in Sept. Going to see Harry Potter tonight....so will have a review for you tomorrow.

No comments: