Saturday, August 25, 2012

Long Saturday

Out early with Chalks and Col. Given we are all running the coastal classic next weekend we opted to run a few laps of the inner fence of centennial which has some technical aspects. After about 1 hr 45 mins, I cut inside the the middle of the park and pushed 5k averaging 3.55 km/m. All up in 2.24 min. It was pretty slow overall as I am ran a tad over 30k but happy with the time on my feet.
I'm surprised by all the Lance's fans out there at the moment, as far as I'm concerned he cheated and profited from it. I don't disagree it was a witch hunt but they got the guy who some felt would never get caught. He did, so maybe up and coming cyclist will think twice before they take performance enhancing drugs. My comment on facebook  about Mo Farah was quite flippant and I don't want to drag Master Sweeney into the debate but he did make a very good point. Sure Mo was very talented but he never had the ability to control races. Some would argue that his times havent significantly improved. True but it's takes significant improvement to control races the way he does. Let's hope it's the last we hear of it. I'm out tonight so I may take a rest day tomorrow...enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: