Thursday, April 24, 2008

Who are you gunning for?

Out for an Easy 12k run on Wed which incorporated 7k with my sis in law Gerso, she is flying at the moment and will definitely PB next week at the state 10k. After work spent some time in the gym working on my core and incorporated various other strength work.

Out with the HuRT squad (Tom, Serg, the Judge, Fats, Mike Conway, Durante, Greg, Phil W and Mike Race) for the Mona Fartlek. Decided to take it a little easy today with the 10k Novice on the weekend, so I and I decided to push the fast sections and take it really easy on the floats. The fast sections were controlled but I felt as if Durante was holding back and could of went faster if he wanted too. When we got to the Macquarie's chair my stomach didn't feel great (probably as a result of the morning tea), I was glad that we were on the 30 sec at that stage.

Tom looked very strong today and will definitely break 33 next week. Fats will also run a pb next week in Homebush and I put a bet on with Serge that the Judge will break 32 mins next week. Still raining in Sydney, it's going to be a mud race on Saturday...Lots of banter at the moment, everyone is gunning for someone...

No comments: