Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dave Kane pre-surgery

Out with the HuRT squad for 6 by 5 mins with a 90 sec recovery. I discussed pacing with Mike and Enda at the start and was planning on running 3.35 (supposedly half marathon pace) thus making this a lactate threshold session. Maybe it was the cross training yesterday but I felt real good out there today and the session was essentially a V02 max session as I was running a fair bit quicker than my current 10k pace. I felt like the Dave Kane pre-surgery, running smoothly without really pushing it. There was no real strategy but I took it easy at the start of each rep and lifted the pace slightly after 2 mins of running. Tom and the Judge Drev looked comfortable at the front running 3.20s. Serg was out of sorts as he is just coming back from a bout of illness. Enda is taking a leaf from Charlie's book and running very controlled at 3.35 pace and Mike who is also returning from illness stayed with Enda throughout. Durante was strong for all the reps and looked strong (my bet is safe, he will run 32.37 in GC). Anthony looked strong throughout and is likely to be a Dad by the next time the HuRT squad meet - hope it all goes well. Springer took it easy today as he preparing for Canberra at the weekend and my guess is that he will cruise to 2.44.

The pace of the reps were as follows 3.28, 3.26, 3.27, 3.22, 3.25, 3.14.

1 comment:

saint said...

Well done Dave. The kid is back...

Big Bear