Sunday, April 6, 2008

The times they are a-changin'

Sat - Lane Cove 10k
The Stiders series was back to the hilly lane cove. With the cold I had during the week I was going to give it a miss but decided on Friday to head out and have a crack. Ended up with 35.20 which i was very happy with. The only splits I got were 10.32 at 3k, 17.58 at 5k and 32.11 at 9k. Hopefully I can continue the improvement (36.10 Lane Cove Feb, 35.57 North Head Mar)and dip under 35 in Homebush next month. Some very impressive runs from the HuRT squad with Tom running a very fast 33.16. Tim with 35.52 can now look forward to attacking his marathon pb in London. The girls (Liv, Gill & Ger) decided not run as they don't like hills. Note there will be a few hills in the Sydney half in May. As for Big Bear he's opted for early hibernation. I'll just keep plugging away.
Sun - 24k - 1.50
Throat was a little sore this morning and I had a good few drinks at Sonja's birthday bash yesterday so I texted Terence early and told him I'd give it a miss but 20 mins later jumped out of bed and got on the road to centennial. Ran on my own for the first 30 mins and then bumped into Tim who was running at a lot faster than my 4.45k/m. Kept with Tim for another 40 odd minutes (last long run for Tim before London) and ran on my own for the rest of the session keeping the average pace to 4.36 which felt pretty comfortable.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good run at the 10k mate. Seem to be getting back to the speed you had before Tokyo. Homebush should be quick.

saint said...

BC,

Well done on your 10k. It wasn't fair for you to have to run with your "condition." That's a lot of blood that was missing from your legs!

Well done BC,

Big Bear