Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where did it all go wrong?

Rested on Friday after a big night out on Thurs with some of the HuRT squad(Mike, Terence, Enda, Durante, Eoin and Eamonn). Ended up having a few too many with Durante still it's no excuse for my performance in the 10K Novice on Saturday. Ended up running 36.01 a good minute down on Durante. After 4k my legs just felt heavy and I felt I was going backwards. I was shattered when I got home after the race, my back and my knee were killing me and I decided to stay in watch the box even with Livo away for the long weekend.
Met up with the big crew(Enda, Mike, Durante, Guy, Terence & Annabell) for a long run and it was a struggle to get to centennial. Durante and I really struggled early on and we even felt like pulling the plug after 40 mins. Terence was also feeling it after running 14k on the soft sand on Sat. Enda and Annabell were the only ones that looked comfortable as we average 4.35m/k for the hilly 6k loop in Cenntennial. We completed 4 loops and averaged 4.25m/k for 24k. It was strange the faster we got the better Durante and I felt. It was pleasing to feel good pushing the last hill. So maybe it not as bad as it seems. Next weekend will tell....

Serg not happy with my form

Durante looking strong..
Serg on his way to an impressive 34.40

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Maybe you don't like the lap course? Or maybe just the slow grass/sand surface?