Tuesday, April 1, 2008

3x3k

Out with the HuRT squad today. Feeling crook this morning but felt running the session might actually sweat the cold out of me. Large crowd again - Charlie, Fats, Enda, Tom, Mike, Tim, Peter Walker, Ray, Anthony, Judge Drev, Springer and Mike Race. Durante was there but didn't run the session as he is recovering from a cold.
Stayed near the front for the 1st rep as the pace was relatively comfortable even with the hills (pace 3.38). The second rep was a lot easier with the downhill section(pace 3.24). Mike dropped out after the 2nd as he didn't feel well. I opted for the 3rd rep and struggled up the hills letting Enda get away from me. Fats, Anthony, Tom, Charlie and the Judge were a good 60m ahead. I was surprised that I ran the last rep in 3.38 pace. I jogged back down the hill feeling pretty ordinary. Some of the boys opted for a 4th rep and I'm not sure where they get the energy. Looking forward to attempting four reps the next time this session comes around. Fats and Tom looked very strong today, it's a pity Fats is not running Lane Cove this weekend as he would have a very good crack at his pb. I plan to rest and try to get rid of this cold...

No comments: