Sunday, June 3, 2012

4 weeks to go

Thurs: Rest day
Fri:  1k, 2 min recovery, 2k by 3k, 1k, grass in Moore Park

Out early with chalks, JC, Brendan & Enda

1k - 3.24 pace, 2 min recovery
2k - 3.25 pace, 4 min recovery
2k - 3.23 pace, 4 min recovery
2k - 3.24 pace, 2 min recovery
1k - 3.14 pace

Sat: 50 min easy
Struggled to organise lifts to the race so ended up driving over with young Cara & Conor. I didnt have anyone to looked after the kids so ended up running 50 min pushing Cara and Conor in the Phil & Ted buggie. Quite enjoyable running with the kids.

Sun: 30 min warm up, 12 by 9 mins, 1 min slow jog between each rep, 15 min cool down
Same session as last week, there was a large crew at the start Mike Race, Laura, Kate Coburn, Chalks, Rob Costello & Tim joined later in the session. The warm up was nice and easy around 4.40 pace. The rest of the guys were focusing on 4.20 pace and increasing the pace for the final few reps.
I started out on my own and felt much more comfortable this week, keeping the first 10 reps between (3.49 - 3.52 pace). Clyde and Fenton were doing loops in the opposite direction and I was hoping they would join me but they opted not too. Tim joined me for the 11th rep but fell out the back about 6 mins into the rep not surprising that was my fastest at 3.44 pace. The final rep was in 3.48 pace.
10 min cool down with Tim and rest of the guys... 39k for the day. I am shattered now! Brought Timmy back to the house for his weekly feed!

No comments: