Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Singing in the rain

Mon: 45 mins
It pissed down raining all day, in the morning the good wife commented 'thank god it didn't rain like that for your long run'. My response was 'i love running in the rain and I would never miss a session because of rain' The latter comment still holds true but to be honest, I was looking out the window for a good half hour before I decided to venture out for a 45 mins easy run in the rain. Got soaked but loved every minute of it...Got back to the house had a quick shower and ventured down to the local 'the doncaster' with the good wife. Sat down in front of a blazing fire with a few glasses of red. Great way to spend the arvo!
Tues: 10 by 400s off 1 min
Left the kids in and ran into work, at lunch I ventured over to Rushcutters for a 400s session. The oval was in good condition despite all the rain. There was one patch at about 350m that needed to be negotiated but other than that the track felt fast. The reps were
68, 69, 70, 68, 69, 67, 67, 67, 67, 66
Very happy with the effort as I was on my own for the session. Focused on form for each rep and didn't totally smash myself. In saying that, I do hate the run back from Rushcutters to the city, the hills and steps are a killer after a tough session.
On Monday while I was running and singing in the rain around Kensington. I was pleasantly surprised that I am very close to ES Mark Athletics track. It's open to the public on Tues and Thurs evenings...plan to get down to the track after the GC marathon.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Only $5 Dave and open until 8pm tue, wed, thurs. Due to be resurfaced in October apparently.