Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Positive State of Mind

I had my Exec Health check this morning. It was pretty good. I had one in 2008 and in 2010. I improved across the board (drop in weight, blood sugar reduction, cholesterol etc) which is always good. I've dropped a significant amount of weight since June 2010 9kgs. I suppose the key reference for me was the improvement since Dec 2008, I was pretty fit back then as it was 4 weeks before Dubai. I managed to stay on the treadmill for 18.20 back then but stayed for over 21 today. Apparently its called the Bruce. V02 max test. So based on the test my V02 is 73.7. Now I wouldn't read a whole lot into it as there are many factors that must be considered before drawing any conclusions. Put it this way young Enda has as massive V02 but it doesn't equate to amazing running. Frank Shorter had a V02 of 72, so you are getting the picture:-):: Frank could run a sub 2.10 and has 2 Olympic medals. He also loved the 6 by 800 but started out at 2.08 and could reduce each rep by 1 sec. 90 mins was penciled in today, so I ran home in the rain and kept going until I got to 90. Used the time to think about Gold Coast.....?

1 comment:

Enda said...

I think what this tells us is that I am much better than you.... and injury free and if I could be arsed could achieve anything!

Also mine was a properly administered VO2 max test under lab conditions unlike your dodgy treadmill stick a finger in the air test!