Sunday, June 24, 2012

1 week to go...

Wed: 50 mins with Eamo at a steady pace (around 4.15), increasing the pace down to marathon pace (3.45) for the last 3k

Thurs: Rest day but had some tightness in my calf. Lots of self massage in the evening

Fri: Ran into work (40 mins) very easy and Tiger sorted out my calf with some dry needling.

Sat: With the calf tender I decided not to run a 5k hard. I opted for a session that mixed up the paces..

3k easy (4.20)
2k MP (3.45)
1K HMP (3.35)
1K easy (4.35)
2k MP (3.45)
1K HMP (3.35)
2K Easy (4.50)

Sun: 80 mins easy (4.25 pace) with a few sub 4 min k in the middle of the session. Never felt that comfortable. Anyhow I won't dwell on it as the work is done, it's in the bank. I just need to rest up and get ready for the big dance!!

1 comment:

BeerMatt said...

Kanser, good luck with the race. I hope you smash your goal. I'll be in Manchester on Sunday watching the Stone Roses!!!