Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Putting the kms in..

Sat: 10k Novice, after a short warm up and enjoying the fact that I wasn't racing. Went through the 1st km at little quicker than I wanted (calf was tight after Friday's run so was planning on taking it easy) in 3.50 km/m pace. Pretty much kept the same pace for the rest of the run and finished up with a 37.43. Great to see Tom get a podium finish and Striders take out the team event.

Sun: 2hrs 30 mins with Chalks at 4.30 km/m pace. Chalks stayed with me for 2 hours of it (he's going pretty well at the moment and has committed to the marathon in the Gold Coast. Big week (125k approx) and my body is definitely struggling with the step up. Need to key an eye on my tight calf.
9 weeks to Gold Coast

Mon: 10k easy, joining up with the HuRTs near circular quay [10]

Tues: 6 by 3 mins Hills (from Hickson Road all the way up to Observatory Hill
Struggled a little on the hills, the body was just tired. Glad to get through the session unscathed as the calf is still giving me grief. [14]
Got a massage in the evening and definitely helped free up the calf. Still a tad tight but will be sorted by Sunday with a few rest days.

Wed: Long run with Chalks. A bit like Master Sweeney as we were up before dawn broke. Legs struggled to get going but in the last half hour I started to feel better as I was run 4.20 pace. All up just shy of 2 hours...25k

Will take it easy for the next few days and prepare for the 10k NSW road race on Sunday.

No comments: