Friday, May 11, 2012

Building momentum

Sun 6th May: Sydney 10k 34.23
Well I had a descent taper going into Sydney 10k race and ended up running a reasonably good time of 34.23. The race panned out pretty much as I expected. I ran hard from the start until 3k, then consolidated, ran as hard as I could from 5k until 8k and then just hung on in. Pity Tom didnt get the opportunity. Some great runs from the boys in particular Timmy, Macer, Richy Palmer. I was expecting Scott and Barletts to go a little quicker.

8 weeks left to Gold Coast

Mon 7th May: Recovery Run
Easy 50 mins with the HuRTs @ 4.20 pace
Tues 8th May: 7 by 3 mins Hills
Tough auld session but I need to build strength for GC so these sessions are essentially. The session goes from the bottom of Hickson road up around the Tom’s favourite pub ‘the Hero’ and then up to Observatory Hill.

Wed 9th May: Long Run

1 hr 45 mins @ 4.30 pace...poor Chalks has come down with a virus infection so I was on my own

Massage with Easy Tiger, the dry needling definitely released my calf.
Thurs 9th May: Rest....

Fri 10th May: Pyramid 10k pace with POD and the Irish crew

5k with 4min rec

4k with 3min rec

3k with 2min rec

2k with 1min rec

1k

Tougher session and glad to get through it….just kept focused on keeping the pace at 3.26 all the way…once you get through the 3k it’s downhill from there

No comments: