Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tempo

On Sunday arvo, I got out for a 35 mins easy run in Moore Park to get the blood flowing in the legs, by 4pm I was in the Trinity with Tim drinking a few well deserved ales.

Mon: Easy 10k with Craig Berger

Tues: Slept poorly on Monday night and seem to have a cough that i am a little worried about so rocked up to HuRTs to see how well the legs would respond. Front crew (J Feno, Scott, Barts, P Macc & Ray) took off and I settled in a group with Tucks, Heyden, Sam and Conway. Went throu the 1st km in 3.45 not feeling great and told the guys I would not turnaround at 22.5 mins but continue on back to work. After a few more kms at 3.45, I started to feel a little better. We turned at 22.5 mins (avg'ing 3.43 pace). Upped it a little on the way back with Heyden & Tucks pushing the pace. Pulled the plug at 10k as I didnt want to push myself too much. Avg pace 3.37 covering 10k in 36.16. Big Sam and Conway were looking strong, Timmy better watch out!! No sign of Tom today, obviously still recovering from his recent bout of sickness.

No comments: