Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sat Striders & Sunday long

Sat: Over to Homebush for the first 10k of the season. Descent hit out but I was hoping for a better time. Ended up with 36.33. Felt fine for the first few kms but couldn't get out of second gear.
It seemed to be the same story for the HuRTs guys (Tom, Tucks, Tim & Sam) as we all ran below par. To be honest I'm not that concerned with the time as I am pretty happy with my current training and the times will come.

Sun: I was considering heading North to run with Tom & Sam but opted for centennial instead. Ended up tagging along with Sean's group. I ran with Steve T for the first 10k or so and another 10k in the middle of the group briefly chatting to Keith and a few of the young guys. I kept with them until about 22k and then ran the remaining 9.7k on my own. I was avging 4.28 km/m for the first 22k and pushed the remaining 9.7k and ended up with an avg of 4.24k just shy of 32k for the morning.

I went for an easy 20 mins after I put the kids to bed at 7pm. The rationale behind the 2nd run in the evening is to get the blood flowing & prevent soreness & stiffness.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Monners used to do a 10k tempo as his late afternoon run after the long sunday morning 35k.