Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rolled ankle

Greetings from Fiji where the weather is glorious but as the title indicates I rolled my ankle. Got a great session in on Monday, 45 weights sessions followed by 20 mins on the bike, 10 mins on the rower and then a 40 min easy run.
I was planning a double session on Tuesday, 30 mins into my morning run on the golf course I stood on a branch and basically rolled the bloody ankle....I can picture TImmy laughing with his Thai friends....I'm sure he's want more information but it's as simple as that! I've had a fair few ankle issues and I reckon this is a grade 2 sprain which will keep me out of action for 2-3 weeks.
Well done to TIm getting a podium finish and I believe he's got all the DVDs I requested. Crack berry is busted so TIm I can't take any texts...! Tom is in taper mode now so as long as he doesn't do anything stupid he should have a great debut in the Gold Coast. Not sure TOm if I will be able to race Conway, its a little too early as the ankle is still badly swollen.
Besides the ankle, having a great time in Fiji with the family, it really is a fantastic place for a family holiday...Cara is loving the kids club, Conor like his dad loves the buffet and the good wife is getting plenty of sleep by the pool.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Unreal..........the island of Phuket has come to a halt, they can't stop laughing at the Kanser Brittle Ankles ?
As time rolls by ALL the excuses are coming out - BUT you know the Highnam Rule...... a DNS means = Losing bet :)
Hope all is well, should have enough DVDs for you to warrant Sunday breakies for a while, (well at least till you beat Mikey C and I) :)

David said...

Tough Luck Dave!
Enjoy your holiday