Monday, June 6, 2011

Concerned about Tom

Ran into work and ran home feeling surprisingly good!
Met up with HuRTS and ran approx 9k with them. Lots of banter again at the expense of Mr Conway. Timmy was absence as his auld legs can't run on a Monday. Tom seemed a tad over confident about the Gold Coast. He's definitely running well but over the last few weeks, he's been asking a few questions that has me worried. Definitely worth documenting so his subconscious can fully reconcile them
- gels, I've had some on my long runs but I am concerned as I haven't had any at pace (be concerned Tom as it's not uncommon for first time marathon runners to suffer cramps)
- I run my long runs about 30 secs slower than my marathon pace, how can I expect to run MP (no easy answer Tom but empirical research indicates that 95 percent cannot maintain MP)
- I started to go lactic after 25k of running at the weekend (very concerning as the marathon distance is 42.2k, take plenty of gels and hope you don't get a cramp)
- toilet stop, I can't run 15k on Monday without a toilet stop (well add 2 mins to your time. Now given you are targeting 2.37, that gives you no room for error)
I suggest Tom you think long and hard about the above comments and let you subconscious do the rest. I will be there on the sidelines come July 3rd to remind you. And remember Tom that marathon is a mental race!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I know you're worried. Even your mind games are ringing hollow. Do you want to hand over the cash now and we can be done with this whole thing?