Sunday, June 5, 2011

3 Gorges - 115k on the bike

I won't write an essay like auld Timmy We ventured out early for a long ride with plenty of hills. Picked up mates James and Josh and went north towards Hornsby. There were 3 long climbs which Timmy and I attacked. For the first climb I dropped TImmy mid way through the climb but the old bugger came back at me to finish just on my wheel. For the 2nd climb we got off the ferry and Timmy I and I got into a good rhythm. I actually thought I dropped him a few times but he just hung onto the back of my wheel the whole way up. Never once did he try to share the load. After a longish descent before the final climb, TImmy gapped me about 100m, did he wait for me....no he didn't, he just cycled to the top. I tried to catch him but only closed the gap to 20m.
I was feeling a bit peckish and we stopped in a servo and I had power bar, coke and sports drink. TImmy looked wrecked, he had a sausage roll and 2 cokes. He then tells me to ring the 'good wife' to put on a cuppa and a good breaky. The good wife delivered and asks TImmy to fix wheel on the buggie. Well Auld TImmy spent a year and a day trying to fix the buggie. In the end we just told Cara that TImmy fixed the buggie. Must admit I was shattered after over 5 hours on the bike today, its a different form of tiredness compared to running. With running I'm fine after a bit of food but after a long ride on the bike I am shattered for hours after. Noticed 'in Tucks pocket' Tom struggled and nearly went lactic....not a good sign at all.

1 comment:

David said...

Reading yours and Young Timmie's accounts is a laugh!