Wednesday, June 30, 2010

THE Second Coming...it's about time..

Sat:
5k time trial in centennial. Ran 18.38 which was a tad disappointing. On the back on that time I decided not to head up to the Gold Coast. Shocking time really.
Sun:
95 mins easy in centennial on my own...nice easy pace
Mon:
Out with the HuRT squad for a 10k easy run. Nice to see Tucks and Timmy out for the session
Tues:
Out with the HuRT squad for 4 by 5 mins and felt a bit tired...not sure why!
Wed:
Had my Exec Health check and managed to stay on the treadmill for 17.25 which I was pretty happy with, it equates to a 68 V02 max. 18 mths ago I stayed on the treadmill for 18.08 which equated to a V02 of 71. Last time around the results gave me a good kick in the ass and I put the head down and started to train hard. This is what I am planning from here on in as I've been taking it too easy recently.
At lunch out with Steve Thurston for an easy 10k...
Enjoying the world cup at the moment, great games on Fri (Holland v Brazil) and on Sat (the German's face Argentina). I would like to see Holland progress and I've been very impressed with Germany and Argentina. I reckon Messi will step up and determine the outcome of the game...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kanser, My tip for you if you run Striders, ......Sub 39 will be a good run for you especially after carrying the extra 6 kilo? :)
good luck
Ps might run faster as well if you lay off the sauce?

Anonymous said...

C'mon Kanser, The whole of Sydney and the kids are waiting on the 10k report from the Striders race on Saturday...........Surely by now you have recovered?