Thursday, June 24, 2010

Manflu

I've been struggling with the maflu so very little in the way of running at the moment. I did get out for an few easy runs on the weekend. I was up in the Hunter with the extended family and went for a 50 min run with my sis in law Gerso. We actually ran on the Cessnock race track on a glorious sunny morning. On Sunday ran for 55 mins, I was planning 2 hrs but pulled the plug as I wasnt feeling 100%.
The rest of this week has been stop/start but i've started to feel a lot better so will get out over the next few days. I haven't booked the Gold Coast yet and may not go as i am weighing up the value of going. Will test myself over the weekend and make a call.
I've noticed young Lindop has started to add some movie reviews....well Timmy...I've watched a few movies myself and here's my thoughts..read on...
The Road....Cormac McCarthy masterpiece is brought to the silver screen...surprised how good the movie is, the central characters are fantastic, the greyness is depicted beautifully on screen and colour is used sparingly but appropriately. With all the doom and gloom, there is some light at the end of the tunnel, the bond between a child and a parent is prevalent throughout and shines strongly at the end...9/10.
Invictus - with Clint Eastwood at the helm and Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon as the lead actors I was expecting a cracker. I was very disappointed with the outcome. Freeman and Damon were passengers and quite stilted. The central story lacks emotion and Clint actually failed to grasp the central thesis of the story which was importance of the South Africa Nation getting behind their team....5/10
Robin Hood, this one surprised me...I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Some great performances and Russell who is difficult to like via the media was excellent. It steered away from comedy and focussed on a ripping good yarn...8/10.....interesting on how many popcorn's Timmy would give it...

2 comments:

Tucks said...

Hmm, Robin Hood made me angry it was so bad, did nothing, had nothing, went nowhere. Agree with you on Invictus though...and keep up the running

Anonymous said...

MANFLU??????????? You having a laugh, got to be a man first up to get that:)
Fire up Kanser, Tucks says 'Keep up the running' I say 'You better start running, Your 20 mins 5k time trial doesn't add up to a 2.40 New York Marathon.
I've got $50 on your sister in law beating you at the next Striders 10k as well:)