Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend running

Sat: Up early for the Striders 10k out in Manly. After a decent warm-up (2-3k), I arrived just in time for the start. Started off relatively easy but found it difficult to get into a decent rhythm. Hit 5km in 19.16 and was hoping to increase the pace but I couldn't find 2nd gear. Ended up finishing in 38.40. I was expecting to run 38.XX but must admit I was a tad disappointed with the run as I was hoping to run the second half quicker. On the positive side, I know I can improve from here..! Some great performance out there yesterday with Rich Palmer run 35.01, Timmy running 35.32 and a great placing by fast improving Tom in 34.14.
Sun: Out on my own for a 2 hr run in and around centennial park, the avg pace was 4.42. That's my longest run since the injury and it's the first time I've felt comfortable post 1hr 30 on my feet. Just checked the Christchurch results, mix fortunes for boys. Superflake run 2.57 which is fantastic but Eamo failed to break the 3hrs running an annoying 3hr 7 secs...

No comments: