Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Out with the HuRT squad again

Mon: Easy 10k effort, legs were a little tired from the effort over the weekend.

Tues:
AM: Ran into work early and did some strength and stretching work.
Lunch: Out with the HuRT squad for a 4 by 3k session. I thought it was pretty hot there today so much so it was nice to run along the Art Gallery in the domain with the tree cover. Big crowd today, I decided I wanted to make it the Stone Gates today so stuck close to the front pack (Tom, Clarke, Charlie and Muz), the first rep felt fine until the last little climb out of the domain. Got to stone gates in 9.52 for the first rep.
Reps went as follows 9.52, 9.30, 10 mins (I was a few metres short on the 3rd rep), 9.40. Disappointed that I came up short by a few metres on the 3rd rep. Still and all, it was by far my best 4 by 3k session.
PM: After work went out for an easy 8k run with Ger, glad to get the legs moving again after the tough afternoon session.

No comments: