Friday, August 22, 2008

Keeping on running...i can hear the tune in my head

Mon:Out for an easy recovery run with Ray and MC. 50 mins all up. Knee was a little sore during the run, obviously the extra long run on Sunday didn't help. I'm not a physio but it's definitely an ITB issue - so I attacked it with ice, anti-inflam's, foam roller and massage.
Tues:Out with the HuRT squad for a long progressive tempo, missed the start of the session and caught the guys in the domain about 5 mins in the session. Stuck with the front runners (Charlie, Dave Clarke, Muz and Tom) until the second loop). No idea of pace but it got progressive faster so much so Tom and I felt off the back of the lead grp..Knee was a little tender on the hill back to work.
Went for an 8k after work and the knee was troubling me. It seems to be more of an issue when I run on the hills or slower than 4.30 k/m pace.
Wed:MLR of 20k after work. Decided to run home and into Moore Park (approx 4k). Not wanting to run too slow, I ended up running 4k by 3 at 4m/k. Each 4k rep was followed by an easy 1k (4.30 pace). No issue with the knee so obviously the ice, foam roller, massage, stretching and strengthening is working.
Thurs:Up early and down to rushcutters for 800 sesion. First rep again was a little slow in 2.36. Legs were a little heavy from the night before but I could manage 7 more reps at 2.33 relatively comfortably. Gerso came down and ran 6 reps in 3.30 avg relatively comfortably. Both of us were pretty tired on the run back to the city.
Fri:Out for a marathon pace session in the domain, with the rain there was very few runners around (i did bump into Springer). 7k at marathon pace felt relatively comfortable but I did have to work a little harder on the way back out of the domain.
I seem to have the knee under control (well please say a prayer that i do). I've decided not to run the 35k Willy to Billy run because of the hill work involved. Instead I will opt for a 36k control run on the flat in centennial - a good session for Berlin.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

I didn't think you would want to run Willy2Billy in case you trip ans sprain an ankle. Might see you on Sunday as I should have a run before the Men's Marathon.

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Flake - Tom mentioned that as well. Just finished my long run so will get a little bit of lie-in before the men's marathon. Can't wait for it now