Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long Sunday run

Fri: Ran into work which is only 3.5k and then headed out at lunch for a 55 min run bumping into Mike and Tom on the way from Hickson road.

Sat: After a good few beers after work on Friday night, I didn't get out until 4pm. Hit centennial for Marathon pace effort. With the help of the garmin I hit 3.45 pace for 8k. It felt relatively comfortable but not as that easy. I was pretty tired on the cool down. All up 13k.

Sun: Took me a while to fall asleep after watching Bolt destroy the rest of the field in the 100m. I ran 4k to Queen's park to run the striders star. I arrived a 6.34am and the group had left, another guy arrived late (Ed from Israel) and we attempted to try to catch guys ahead. Instead of chasing them down we decided to cut them off as they left centennial. It was a big mistake and we didn't cut them off and ended up running a bit more than we intended. My stomach was feeling great and I was happy to stick to 4.50 pace. It was a beautiful run throu' all eastern suburb beaches - bronte, gordon's bay, clovelly and out to Maroubra. There were plenty of hills and stairs on the course. We got lost again around Botany Bay and at this stage I just wanted to get home. I realised at this stage I might miss the start of the women's marathon and end up running one myself. Finally got home after 3hrs 10 mins of running and covering approx 40k. Really enjoyed the women's marathon and it was inspiring to see a 38 year old win the race. 5 weeks left to Berlin...

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Well at least a good long run for Berlin.