Thursday, August 14, 2008

Getting back into the groove...

It took me a little longer to shake the cold so I didn't really push myself in training from Mon to Wed.
Mon:
Out for a 50 min easy run with Ray, Muz, Mike C, Kilacoat and Dave Clark. We cut the run short to get back in time to watch the Aussies in the pool. Plenty of chat about the city to surf.
Tues
am: 30 min easy run
pm: 30 min easy run
Wed:
am: 30 min easy run with some cross training
pm: 40 min easy around the domain, bumped into Phil Dove who always seems to run at tempo pace so I tagged along for about 1.5k. He's heading back to the UK in Sept so I must organise a few drinks with the HuRT squad before he goes.
Thurs - Getting back into it....
am: 20 min easy into work and then got on the treadmill for 15 mins (I can't get use to running on the treadmill) So went for a bike session instead.
pm: Over to rushcutters with Gerso for an 800s session. The plan was 2.40 off 2 mins as I didn't want to push the first session back.
The first rep went 2.36 and felt too easy. The next six reps were run at 2.31 and they felt relatively comfortable. I decided to push it slightly for the last one and finished up 2.20. The rushcutters surface felt great and the few easy days probably put a little zip in the legs. Gerso ran 5 at 3.30 avg as she was pretty tired from Oztag the night before. The next 5 weeks will make or break Berlin....just need to stay focused!

No comments: