Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MLR

AM: Pretty tired this morning so when the alarm went at 5.30 I couldn't get up for my planned 90 min run. I headed to the gym for a cross training session (bike, eclitpir etc)
PM: Left work after 6pm and ran home and then went out to Moore park, legs were very heavy. I forgot my garmin and to be honest I was pretty glad as I didn't feel like pushing the pace. All up 88 mins.
Question for Superflake - What is the Lake Macquarie Half course like, I do recall you ran a pb up there a few years back. I'm heading up at the weekend. Anything I've read indicates the course is pretty flat but after Auckland in 2006 it's better getting a low down on the course from people who have ran it.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Basically an out and back twice. Only 1 hill. Starts about a 500m from the startline. Is about 30m in height and peaks after about 300m. You stay on that hill as it is the top of the headland until about the 4k mark when you go down and around the back of an oval which is flat. Turnaround and then back to the start and repeat. Quick course but no wind protection so get in a pack if you can. Good Luck

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Thanks Flake for that. I am thinking wind will be definitely be a factor. Hope the wind stays away.