Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Recovering well

On Mon & Tues, the quads were a little stiff but other than that the legs seem to be fine. Did plenty of walking (well shopping) through Tokyo. Instead of drinking the copious amounts japanese beer we downed lots of pints of the black stuff, yeah they seemed to have guinness in every bar we entered. As an Irishman I didn't complain.
Got out for an easy 7k today and the legs felt pretty good. Need to sit down and target some races. Looking forward to catching up with the Tues/Thurs crew again. Will do my best to get out for every session, I'm sure keeping up with the like of Tom, Mike Conway, Tucks, Serg, Durante, Springer, Anthony and Tim will keep me honest.
The goal now will be to target a 10k pb but might venture up to the blue mountains and run the 6 foot track again as a long training run. Check out the site. www.sixfoot.com.
Here is a link to the Tokyo marathon website with a video of Dave Kane crossing the finish line. You can see (NOT) that I am really pushing it towards the finish.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/tokyomarathon/goalmovie/

Number 24091 is my "bib number." Enter this number into the box that says "search." Then hit play on the right side of the screen. I'm in a black top, blackshorts and white compression socks. You might laugh but I purchased the compression socks after a calf niggle i picked up a while back. Of note, I'd no calf stiffness at all after the race. Enter in bib number 2 and you'll see Rothlin storming to a 2.07 finish. He might go all the way in Beijing..mmmm need to change the title of blog!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mate, good to hear from you. I was downing the black stuff in Durty Nelly's tonight. These blogs are addictve. I'd suggest "The Road to Surfers" as a new title. It's a road every aussie bloke likes to travel...